Learn more about controlling Octoprint with the Nav Bar
Before logging into your printer, you should see a screen similar to the illustration below. To access all OctoPrint functions, you must first enter your default username and password in the upper right-hand corner of your screen, then click Login.
The orange bar across the top of the page is called the Nav Bar. Here you see a title (OctoPrint for MakerGear), a link to our support department, the login button and OctoPrint Announcements.
- Lightning Bolt Icon = Support link - If you need technical assistance, click the Support link to open a ticket with our customer support department.
- Wrench Icon = Settings menu - Be careful what you change here until you have a some experience with OctoPrint. If you need to setup a new user account, this is the place to do it.
- Power Icon = System menu:
- Power - Make sure to select shutdown and wait for the green light on the front of the printer to go out before disconnecting power from the printer.
- Reset RAMBo is to restart only the controller that handles the movement of the printer.
- Reset Wifi clears all previously saved wifi settings.
- Bell Icon = Announcement bell - Announcements are mostly notification of updates to OctoPrint as well as new plugins and features that become available
- Person Icon = Login/Logout - Use this button to log in and out of OctoPrint interface for your MakerGear printer.
* You must be logged in to gain access to the Settings and System menus.
Optional plugins can display other information in the Nav Bar, which you may find useful. You can also change your printer’s name and the color scheme for your interface in the Appearance section of your Settings menu.
For more information on modifying the Nav Bar, check out the article on installing plugins.